the used jeep grand laredo i bought for my wife had paperwork stating that the transmission had been rebuilt with new parts twice, 3000 miles later im having it rebuilt a 3rd time.cottman swears up and down, new parts only.

i pulled a band out that was from the factory when it was built. all plates and surfaces were burned cracked and charred. now i have to pay 1100.00 for a new rebuilt. all because cottman cheated the original owner, and now me.

layton, ut. dennis huff, 801-547-7981. 2846 west layton, ut.

84041.call if more info needed

Had an Experience with Cottman Transmission?

Comments

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #92585

Sounds like a lot of money just to rebuild your transmission. Sounds like you had wirting issues too if nuetral switch was bad. What did you do to it to ruin it that bad?

If Cottman bought new parts to install in it, couldn't it be the same as the factory, and look the same as the factory if it was fro mthe same supplier?

The neutral safety switch is not even on the transmssiion on most cars, it is in the interior of some, by the console (and can be damaged from spilled coffee, etc).

Sorry you folks are having problems....

The local cottman rebuilt my tranny in my classic car (I had to remove and take it in to them) TWICE now and I am still having issues.Not sure how they will deal with it.

Luckily I am "only" out $1150....plus the $50 in tranny fluid each time I have to pull it.....not $3k+ like you folks.

The torque converter they sold me was bad as well as the neutral safety switch they provided.I am really unhappy right now.

SORRY THEY RIPPED YOU OFF. I THINK IM IN THE SAME BOAT , 2 TRYS AND STILL ONLY 3,100K ON THIS TRANY IM PISSED