I took my truck for a transmission rebuild and I have had to take it back five times since Dec 2012. This being the 5th time.

Every time that it is dropped off they claim that they will have it fixed right this time. I would try somewhere else it's costly having to rent a car to get around and its dangerous not knowing if you will break down somewhere else. The worse part about all of this is I contacted the main office and they could not get anything done. One shop manager told me that because they are independently own that it's up to the owner to handle complaints and they will not give out that information.

So we are screwed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Cottman Transmission Repair.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Aug 16, 2013.

Comments

I currently have the same problem with Durham, NC location, with dealing with their managers that are replace every other month, and then they try to give you a excuse that they're new and don't know what the issue is. Currently my Trailblazer is sitting in my driveway and not moving.

The job was a manifold replacement which they replace and it sounds great. But the mechanic there forgot to put back my Transmission dipstick as I was telling the new supervisor at Durham location.

Although he tells me they order the part and they'll fix it, it has been several days already with NO ATTEMPT to call me back to get the location of my vehicle.

Long story short it tool them a week to fix this vehicle to begin with because they are over book with cars, they take on way to many jobs.

Although they reimbursed me the first time, they never Finnish the job! Which could have cause harm on my Trailblazer 2008.

This is still a open case !

//Eugene Emerick