I am writing to you to assert a complaint against this service center owners Sue and Kent Nicholson who committed fraud, with deliberate intent to deceive by demonstrating unethical business practices.In other words this establishment ripped me off and did not perform the services I paid for.

February 3, 2012, I paid Cottmans $2125.00 to rebuild my transmission. I soon discovered after picking up my car that these services were not performed. I also encountered more problems with the car after picking it up. Here are the lists of problems/complaints I discovered: My vehicle was not rebuilt which is what I paid for.

This service center replaced my transmission with a used transmission. I have documents to support my claim. My vehicle has a transmission and oil leak. It smokes due to oil leaking out, the brake light stays on, the engine light comes on, the transmission gears is not properly aligned, it doesnt shift properly, I need 3 motor mounts that the owner said he replaced, transmission gaskets never replace, my engine plate is missing, I did not received my $100 rebate for transmission service and I was sold a bogus 2yr/24000 mile extended warranty (they change the terms of the warranty after I paid them to supposingly fix my car).

In general car performance is rugged and terrible.On February 20, 2012 I arrived at Cottmans to discuss this with the owner exactly what repairs did he perform on my vehicle? Unfortunately Mr. Kent Nicholson denied any wrongdoing and acted oblivious to any of my concerns. He reputably stated he rebuilt my transmission and replaced two motor mounts coupled with a list of other components that were supposingly newly installed.

After I could not get Kent (owner) to be honest with me and admit he ripped me off, I departed the service center and began notifying the corporate office of his unethical behavior.

I am still waiting for my issues to be resolved.I have no intentions of bringing my car back to a business who deliberately conned and deceived me.

Product_Or_Service: car repair transmission rebuilt $2125.00

Review about: Transmission Rebuilding.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $2125
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Cottman Transmission?

Comments

scouncil

I have the same experience with the Cottman transmission in Wilmington, NC.They billed me almost 2,000 for a used transmission.

My husband is a mechanic. He could not install the transmission, because he does not have a proper shop with a lift. He took pictures of the transmission and when confronted with the accusation, the shop owner, Ron denied the accusations. The customer service representative was useless.

I will never use this company again!!!!